Sunday, November 18, 2012

Xtranormal Assignment


In this assignment, we were told to create an Xtranormal cartoon that contains our concept.  For my creation, I took a satirical/comedic approach to a conversation I would like to have with some people in regards to their Facebook posts.  The cartoon contains 2 actors, the first actor has no name (because anyone can insert their name in here as a way to approach someone about their Facebook etiquette), and the second actor is named Sarah.  Sarah's problem is that she posts everything and anything on her Facebook and thinks everyone of her friends enjoys it.  The first actor has confronted her on her posts and explains that she doesn't follow Sarah anymore because of the amount of detail, grossness, amount of posts that she submits. 

Frankly, this confrontation is something I feel many people wish or want to have with some of their friends on Facebook.  Some  people feel that posting everything about their lives is a good thing, when really it expresses the narcissism of their acts.  Most of us don't care if you go to the store, or make dinner.  All in all, this cartoon is a make believe scenario on confronting those that have no clue how annoying their lives truly are.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that most people put sh*t on facebook that we really don't care about. Maybe that why I only have true friends and family and leave acquaintances and co-workers out of it. Funny thing is that some idiots compete about who has more friends and they don’t realize that all the poop they put up half of them make fun of them for being dumb asses. Hahaha great point here thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny!! I can't tell you the amount of people who I had to eliminate from my news feed because of the overly use of TMI (too much information). I don't want to upset them by deleting them either so I choose not to follow them. I mean, seriously, does anyone really care that you just went to the gym? And is it necessary to post it everyday, two times a day? Really? This video is so relatable, that's why I found it so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate. This is both funny and true, I think I want to link this video to my Facebook page! Serisouly- people need to have better things to do than post crap on their page or send invites for birthday calendars, games, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely can relate to this! I really enjoyed watching your cartoon. I remember the days when you could only have a facebook if you had a university email. I think facebook creates a lot of problems, eliminates face-to-face interactions, too much information is divulged, and I could go on and on. I remember one time I had a friend who was trying to make plans for the weekend, and I was like "you can't freaking call me, don't be lazy!".

    ReplyDelete